Why Made in the USA Products are More Important During These Times
Since the pandemic one could argue that products made in the USA are way more important for a multitude of reasons. The pandemic has limited our ability to travel very far and has certainly reduced access to goods and services that are dependent upon traveling any distance. As the world made quick adjustments to the global threat that is COVID-19 the travel and service based industries and many more came to a grinding halt and so did the economy. Before we get into the specifics its good to have a basic understanding of why it’s important to shop locally and how it can benefit you as a consumer.
3 Ways Shopping Locally Can Benefit You:
- Buying locally made products, especially ones that are labeled “Made in the USA” or goods from small local businesses such as a restaurant or butcher supports the local economy. By supporting your local businesses you’ll have access to goods and services that will enhance your life and add value. Not only that, your dollars spent locally will often go back into the community as many small business owners create jobs for community members who need it and often give back to the both the same community and organizations in the area.
- Often times when you purchase products that are closer to home you will get a more personalized approach to product support or customer care should you need it. If you buy from companies that make products here at home, it will likely be easier to talk to someone on the phone or in person who understands you and understands the importance of good customer service.
- Shopping locally is good for the environment. The less you or a product has to travel the less air pollution is produced which means healthier air for you to breathe. Cleaner air means healthier lungs and a healthier you.
How To Find Made in the USA Products
- We are passionate about making this process easy for you so of course you can find products on our own Made in the USA Mart Website
- Look for a tag or sticker on a product when you are shopping in store that says “Made in the USA” or has a sticker of the American flag
- When in doubt, ask! Sometimes small lines of product may not have a label that tells you right off the bat. Ask the store owner where the product is from and they may have a unique answer for you such as “oh my Aunt Mel makes the best homemade hummus which is why we sell it here.”
How the Pandemic has Heightened the Importance of Made in the USA Products
- We have realized due to the pandemic it is difficult to depend on imports, exports and business or items related to travel
- Buying local supports the local economy which needs our support now more than ever before
- We are more independent and self sufficient as a nation if we can produce many of the products we need right here at home
16 Brands that are Made in the USA
- Burt’s Bees
- New Balance Shoes
- Tough Traveler
- USA Trail Cams
- KitchenAid Mixers
- Vitamix Blenders
- Post It Notes
- Igloo Coolers
- Heritage Bikes
- Bison Leather
- Viking Appliances
- Harley Davidson
- Martin Guitars
- Cutco Knives